Ahhh, summer. Sandy excursions, salty swims, and fruity cocktails are in full swing at this point, but for all of us at Uwila Warrior, nothing officially marks the sunny season quite like a weekend away in Nantucket.
A picturesque tiny island 30 miles south of Cape Cod by ferry, Nantucket is known for its cobblestoned streets, iconic lighthouses, and beautiful beaches. It also happens to be a popular summer getaway for UW wearers—which is why, if you’ve never been, we’re happy you’re reading this. Allow us to introduce you to Nantucket with the information you need most: what to pack!
- First off, invest in a gorgeous weekender bag if you don’t already own one. It makes life a lot easier to get something durable, high quality, and versatile. And if you’re only going for the weekend, it should be easy enough to only use the one bag—or if you must, pair it with a small size suitcase. A few weekenders we love: the Catalina ($120) from Lo & Sons; the Canvas & Leather Weekender Bag ($199) from Mark & Graham; and anything from Herve Chapelier.
- Bring a wrap or light jacket for the ferry ride. No matter how hot the temps are, it gets breezy on the boat. Pack something that’s quintessentially New England like a navy and white striped pullover (like this one from Lilly Pulitzer) or one of these cozy and classy Pardy Wraps from Sh*t That I Knit. We adore the lavender color.
- A straw hat for your daytime strolls. Better yet, a malleable straw hat that retains its shape even after you stuff it into your bag. This J.Crew packable straw hat is a must-have for weekend travelers and beach-goers.
- Silk undies you can wear out, sleep in, and slip into after swimming. Our silk underwear is ridiculously easy and thin to pack in any size bag, and is perfect for whatever you’re doing when you’re not wearing your bathing suit. Our favorite for a Nantucket getaway: the ice cream float pair with scalloped lace trim, silk-lined gusset, and tagless label in a stunning blue.
- Brunch attire. You can’t let the weekend pass you by without having the disarmingly delicious Eggs Benedict or Sourdough French Toast from the beloved Nantucket staple Black-Eyed Susan’s. When we asked for their preferred dress code, Susan herself told us: “Along with their Nantucket Lightship Basket they may accessorize with sunglasses, hats, and the all-important sunblock! Clothing is usually appropriate for their next activity of the day which may be sailing, golf, tennis, or an afternoon at the beach.” Easy, peasy.
- Your night out ensemble. Stick to something casual, but nice—sexy, but elegant. A pair of skinny white jeans and a pretty silk or linen sleeveless top is perfect for the bars in Nantucket. Color it up with a gorgeous necklace (these Kendra Scott Elisa Pendant Necklaces are fabulous) or a pair of earrings and flats, and you’re good to go.