Working out. We all want to do it--even if we do sometimes get a little lazy (or just get sick and tired of our regular routine). Still, we know Uwila Warriors work hard to excel in every area of their lives, and sometimes knowing exactly what move works best for a spectacular bum (outside of squats) can be a little challenging.
That said, we've taken some time to compile some simple moves you can integrate into your regular routine-- easy moves you can use daily to help you get your best butt quickly!
Marching Hip Raise
Lying face up on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor:
- raise your hips (so your body forms a straight line from shoulder to knee)
- lift one knee to your chest, then lower back to the start
- alternate back and forth!
Single Leg Hip Raise
Lying faceup on the floor with your left knee bent and your right leg straight:
- Raise your left leg until its in line with your left thigh
- Push your hips upward, keeping your right leg lifted
- Pause, then lower your body back to the start position
- Complete your reps, then switch to the other side!
Swiss-Ball Hip Raise & Leg Curl
Lying face on the floor, your lower legs and heels on a Swiss ball:
- Push your hips up so your body forms a straight line, shoulder to knee
- Pull your heels toward you and roll the ball as close as possible to your butt
- Pause for 1 or 2 seconds, then reverse the motion until your body is straight again
- Lower your hips back to the floor, then repeat!
Single Leg Deadlift
With a pair of light dumbbells, stand on your left foot--if this is too hard, just use your body weight. Then:
- Lift your right foot behind you and bend your knee so your right leg it parallel to the floor
- Bend forward at your hips, slowly lowering your body as far as you can (until your right lower leg almost touches the floor)
- Pause, then push your body back to the starting position.
*NOTE: if this exercise is too hard, let the toes of your show rest on the floor for balance instead of raising the foot of your non-working leg.
Single Arm Dumbbell Swing
Grab a dumbbell with an overhand grip, holding it in front of your waist at arms length (or in both hands, if necessary). Swing the dumbbell between your legs, then:
- Keep your arm straight and thrust your hips forward, straighten your knees, and swing the dumbbell up to chest level as you rise to standing position.
- Squat back down as your swing the dumbbell between your legs again.
- Repeat swinging the dumbbell back and forth (with force!)
Curation and Words By: Joanna A