Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located? Our main office is located in the beautiful city of Boston.
Where are Uwila undies made? About half of our silks and happy seams are made in Italy. The other half (and growing part of our production) is manufactured in China. Why China? The majority of silk is sourced out of China and the Chinese are masterful at knowing how to work with this luxury fabric. We tried importing silk fabric to Italy and having our underwear manufactured there. Not only was this process inefficient and cost prohibitive, the quality of our silks actually improved once we shifted to China. Additionally, we use a great deal of thermowelding in the construction of our products and have found Chinese partners to be very proficient in thermowelding.
How do you pronounce Uwila? We get this question a lot! Uwila is pronounced “you-willa.”
What is the Perfect Fit Guarantee? Finding the perfect fit starts with making sure you're ordering the right size. Keep in mind, our underwear is purposely designed with a generous fit around your body. From first glance, our "smalls" may look larger than other "smalls," however our designs are crafted so that they don't pull in and cause panty lines. With this in mind, we offer a Perfect Fit Guarantee so we can make sure you get underwear that hugs your curves like a glove. If you don’t love your first pair of Uwila Warrior underwear, we’ll send you a different size or style of a similar price point, free of charge. Plus, you can keep your first pair.
What is your return policy? If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please return your unworn, unwashed, undamaged underwear in their original packaging within 30 days of purchase. Due to sanitary concerns, we cannot accept underwear that has been tried on or removed from their packaging. But don’t worry, with our Perfect Fit Guarantee, you’ll find the appropriate size the first time you buy.
How do I return an item? To issue a return or an exchange, please email our Customer Service at email@example.com and include “Request for Return” in your subject line, with your order number in the body of the email. If you have further questions, please call us at (888) 602-6026.
Do you ship outside of the US? At this time we only ship inside of the continental United States. We hope to offer international shipping soon so check back for updates!
How will my order ship? Orders under a total weight of 1lb ship by DHL, with the last mile delivered by the US Post Office. Orders over a 1lb in total weight ship by FedEx Ground. We do offer expedited shipping with FedEx for faster delivery times.
When will my order ship? Orders typically ship the next business day.
When will my order arrive? Orders shipped by DHL typically arrive 3-4 business days after shipping.
What is the cost of shipping? Orders over $75 ship free! For orders in the lower 48 states, under 1lb, and under $75, the shipping rates via DHL are as follows:
- DHL Expedited (3-4 Business Days) 0.0 lb – 0.31 lb $2.55
- DHL Expedited (3-4 Business Days) 0.32 lb – 0.62 lb $3.25
- DHL Expedited (3-4 Business Days) 0.63 lb – 1.0 lb $4.04
Is gift wrapping available? Not at this time, but our undies ship in a very cute, giftable box. We hope to add gift wrapping in the future.
Is Uwila available in stores? Yes! Uwila is available in select Free People stores and small boutiques throughout the country. Wondering if Uwila is in a shop near you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I become a retailer of Uwila Warrior? Interested in carrying Uwila Warrior in your retail shop? We’d love to hear from you! Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
How should I care for my Uwila undies and camis? Here is what we recommend to extend the life of your favorite Uwila pieces...
- Silk: Hand wash cold only, hang to dry.
- Seamless: Gentle wash cycle, tumble dry on low or lie flat to dry.
- Soft Silks Underwear & Camisoles: 100% natural fiber silk with a soft sheen.
- Happy Seams Underwear: Hi-tech, lightweight, blended fabric to feel like silk. 80% Polyester / 20% Polyurethane.
- Happy Seams Camisole: Hi-tech, lightweight, blended fabric to feel like silk. 59% Nylon / 41% Elastane.
- VIP Thong: Hi-tech, lightweight, blended fabric to feel like silk. 80% Polyester / 20% Polyurethane.
- No Brainer: Stretchy & lightweight. 77% Nylon / 23% Spandex.
- Soft Silks & Happy Seam Underwear - A hipster style that sits lower on the hips and covers your backside. Ours are cut a little wider (in terms of measurements) to fit around your curves and have generous leg openings.
- VIP Thong - Essentially a bikini in the front, but in the back, it narrows down to a thinner piece of fabric and fits pretty snugly in your rear—leave more of your rear exposed than if you were to wear a straight up bikini bottom.
- No Brainer - A brief style that rises up to the waist and covers everything you’ve got. No matter your figure, briefs are a flattering look that will accentuate your curves and hug all the right places just enough.