My Cart

Close

5 Reasons To Invest in Quality Clothing (And Never Feel Bad About It)

Posted on

5 Reasons to Invest in Quality Clothing

You’ve probably heard—or even dispensed the advice yourself—that it’s wise to invest in certain higher-priced items so that you know you’re getting exceptional quality that lasts. Cars, for example, a top-of-the-line dishwasher, a really good mattress. For some reason though, that bite-the-bullet-now logic tends to drop off when it comes to our wardrobes.

Instead, we’re always hearing about “buyer’s remorse” or “splurging on clothes.” And at first, it can be really hard to justify a $30 purchase when $5 options exist. That is, until you dig deeper and think about what it is your buying. And if it’s underwear, we’d argue that nothing deserves a closer look than that.

So, time to shift your mindset! Not only should you not feel bad about investing in luxury underwear, you should be excited about it (even proud… we’ll explain in a bit). Consider these five reasons.

1. Quality is so much more important than quantity.

Pop quiz. What do you think sounds smarter? Buying 10 $5 pairs of uncomfortable underwear that last just a couple months before the wear-and-tear sets in (or worse, go unused because they don’t fit or don’t feel good), or purchasing a couple $30 comfortable pairs that will last so much longer? If you’re leaning towards the latter, you’re spot on. (Here’s a surprising stat for you: About 85% of your underwear drawer is dormant and unused while the remaining 15% is in your weekly rotation. Uwila Warrior makes underwear in your weekly rotation.)

Listen, when we started Uwila Warrior, we could’ve easily decided to make it a bargain brand. But we wanted to use delicate fabrics, cutting-edge thermowelding technology, and expert manufacturers that together would produce the finest thing you could wear down there. We chose quality—and giving you the most for your money—over quantity, because comfort cannot be understated, and cheap threads never last long.

2. We wear underwear every single day.

Unlike that “Beach, Please” straw hat that you can only get away with wearing on your Caribbean vacation or, for all the moms out there, those take-and-toss toddler cups (you know, the ones that cost about $2 and work once), we’re talking about something you use every single day. Every day! We wear underwear around the clock to protect the most private part of our bodies. If ever there was a piece of clothing you shouldn’t skimp on, it’s this—so go ahead and find a line that makes you feel good every day, and looks good on you, every day.

3. Sustainability matters.

Did you know that the average American throws away about 81 pounds of clothing every year? Millions of garments are clogging our landfills, and get this: clothes can sit there for 200-plus years. In a world where “fast fashion” leads so many to buy a new trendy wardrobe each season, only to quickly toss those items out, choose to buy quality pieces that will last for years to come. Never thought you’d equate underwear with sustainability, right?

4. Feeling good = feeling confident.

We may be biased towards our Soft Silks with Sayings line, but when you’re wearing underwear that literally has Madame President or Kickin’ Butt sprawled across them, it’s hard not to feel like a boss on the outside. But even sayings aside, comfort—and knowing that your panty lines are nowhere to be seen—can do wonders for your mood, attitude, and confidence.

5. Quality underwear is so critical for your exercise goals.

Whatever your workout of choice—yoga, running, Orangetheory Fitness, CrossFIT, there’s a case to be made for wearing quality clothing from head to toe. Our endlessly knowledgeable leader here at Uwila Warrior, CEO Lisa Mullan, says, “Silk underwear stays in its place and, unlike cotton, can absorb 40% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet. Uwila Warrior's silks are lightweight and quick drying which means our silks are a great choice to wear for workouts.”

So here and now, let’s erase “buyer’s remorse” from our lexicons and admit that investing in a high quality wardrobe is one of the smartest things you can do for your closet, your confidence, and your convenience. Say it loud, ladies. We deserve the best.

LET’S GO SHOPPING >

Subscribe to the Uwila Blog

Join hundreds of other Warriors. Everything from fashion, lingerie, female empowerment & more!

Enter Your Email Address

Categories

0 comments

Leave a comment

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing

Hello You!

Join our mailing list