Among all the excuses for why you deserve to dote on yourself—whether it’s through gifts, “me time,” or the right to do what you want—we can’t think of anything better than this: because you’ve got to up your confidence game.
There’s no better time than now for women to embrace the world knowing you have something to offer. It’s part of the reason Uwila Warrior was born, for the confident woman who can do anything. We obviously hope you do already feel that way, but regardless, there is nothing wrong with indulging in a few luxuries and must-haves that will help you feel good on the outside, strong on the inside, and convey to others that, girl, you’ve got this.
Here are 10 things every confident woman needs in her life.
A signature fragrance. Ever sidle up next to someone and think, ooh, she smells good? To us, a fabulous perfume is one of those things that completes any outfit and instantly makes you feel great. But take it from science: In a study called Neurobiology of Sensation and Reward, 90 percent of all women tested in a fragrance study reported feeling more confident when they wore fragrance than when they did not. Need help finding your signature scent? Uncover your fragrance personality at totalbeauty.com.
Tea that makes you feel good. There’s no denying that a good cup of tea can de-stress, energize, relax, or soothe you to sleep—all things that any self-assured woman should be able to do in a pinch, so you can bring your A-game whenever necessary. If you don’t already have a brand you love, check out Hey Girl Tea. We stumbled upon it on Amazon and are hooked.
3. Rituals. Time magazine spoke with Harvard professor Francesca Gino, author of Sidetracked: Why Our Decisions Get Derailed, and How We Can Stick to the Plan, and learned that rituals upon rituals can boost your happiness and performance at work. So the one little luxury we’re giving ourselves going forward: an early morning wake-up hour that is just for us. Try it: set your alarm for an hour earlier than you usually wake up, before the kids get up, before your sig other is out of bed. Spend it with a book, your tea, doing anything that to you, is self-care.
4. Sexy, silk underwear. You knew this was coming, right? But we had to! Uwila Warrior was founded by women, for women, with the belief that every woman can be ambitious, intelligent, glass-ceiling-shattering women. Trivial as it may seem, the underwear you have on under all your clothes can change the way you walk, talk, and feel. Try out our silk underwear—perfect for work, so comfy overnight—and tell us you don’t feel extra on the confidence front. (Go for the Madame President ones.)
5. Books that make you better. Break out your Kindle and download a batch of books that promote confidence, empowerment, self-improvement, and success. No matter if you’re already knee-deep in Big Little Lies for book club; every woman needs a few awesome reads that will pump you up whenever you need it. Right now, we are loving The Gutsy Girl Handbook: Your Manifesto for Success by Kate White, bestselling author, professional speaker, and former editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan.
6. The ability to say “no.” In today’s hyperconnected, always-on-the-go world, reserving the right to decline a party invitation or a dinner out simply because you’re exhausted is a luxury. Confident women need work/life balance; you need to know when you can give your all, and when you need a break. Listen to your body, take a good look at your schedule, and say “no” (politely, of course) without giving it a second thought.
7. A sleek water bottle. Something else confident women must, must have? Hydration, around the clock. If you’re not so good at getting your recommended amount of H20, invest in a water bottle or two that you can toss into your handbag and easily swig from throughout the day. We’re partial to S’well water bottles; the company was founded by a female entrepreneur, and the beautiful design is eye-catching.
8. A cool carry-on. Have you ever noticed that a lot of people fumble with their carry-ons at the airport? They’re not sure if they’ll fit the overhead bin, they’re doing some last-minute rearranging, they’re awkwardly zipping through the crowds as fast as they can with one stuck wheel. Not you—for whenever you fly for business or pleasure, treat yourself to a hardside spinner like Samsonite’s. Confident traveler, check.
9. Shoes you can rely on. We were tempted to list heels here, because heels are typically associated with confidence and attraction. But honestly, some women radiant self-assurance in flats—and that’s because they are comfortable. Whatever you prefer—stilettos or suede d'Orsay flats—find a pair you can wear out to dinner and feel incredibly sexy in. Because at the end of the day, you have to be comfortable in what you wear and who you are.
10. A versatile camisole. Anything that multitasks—whether it’s a 3-in-1 makeup product or an iPhone app—is the modern woman’s secret weapon. Efficiency = confidence. No fussing around for what you need. Uwila Warrior’s new camisoles are a prime example; they can be worn from your bed to the boardroom under a blazer, and they look fabulous either way.
11. An awesome lifeplanner. Another key to keeping your cool, collect, confident self organized: a personalized, beautiful planner. We’re obsessed with Erin Condren’s lifeplanner. You can customize your cover, choose your layout, pick a color scheme, and keep track of important dates with stickers made for the woman on-the-go.
12. A #girlboss playlist. Music can give you confidence in the touch of a smartphone. All you need for your daily commute or your trip to a client pitch are the right tunes. We like: Demi Lovato’s Confident (thanks, Bad Moms soundtrack!), Alicia Keys’ Girl on Fire, Rachel Platten’s Fight Song, Britney Spears’ Brave New Girl, and another throwback, Christina Aguilera’s Fighter.